Milanovic: I know there are many people I don't like, divisions are not desirable, and you have been measuring me since day one
24 Hours
We convey his speech to you in full:
"Dear friends, welcome to the Victory Factory, as I promised. Thank you all. Thank you to those who supported me and those who did not. Thanks to Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic. The campaign was hard and long. It was not fair, but it was so. Politics is a passionate business, full of love. I gave in and gave myself completely. If I said something untrue, it was not intentional. Now, we draw the line. From tomorrow I live a job differently than before. I've done some other things in my life. I am a prime minister and that was my burden in this journey. I was fighting for the truth even though the truth is in the form of gossip. The numbers are the numbers, the impression is the impression. I know there are many people I do not like, but with that we have to live on us few, we are not successful enough and divisions are not desirable.You will not listen to sweet stories of fellowship from me.
I will insist that I do not hurt anyone unnecessarily. I will be an ear for everyone, much less a crying shoulder. We will have a dialogue, aware that there are different people. I'm usually a human being, and as such, the way I was in the campaign, I'll be like the president. I will speak, I will ask, I will ask, I will suggest. I hope I do not betray your confidence. That's a big promise. There is hope and I believe we will be successful. I will cooperate with anyone in the executive branch. I have no illusions and pretensions. I know what the president can do, what he can't. There will be no intrigues, secret 'deals' and deals. For me, all parties will be the same. Parties exist and we are a multi-party parliamentary democracy. It's not perfect, but it's better than nothing. The only strength is the power of speech, persuasiveness and the Croatian Constitution, which is a state agreement that we must respect. His spirit and letter will guide me.
Dear friends and citizens, there are over a thousand of us here, and more than two million people have voted in the election. Once again, thank you all.
Measure me from day one. Of great promises I have not, nor have I ever been. I never made unrealistic promises. I will not divide Croatian citizens for the things that hurt them. Some things may need to be said differently and I felt it. Sometimes I have done harm to people without being aware of it. We need to think about people's feelings. That was never intentional, but it's politics. Let's celebrate this in a civilized way. Let's respect diversity, be unique. Let's be a small, tough, powerful and cheerful nation. Breath by breath, smile by smile, event by event, we go for the pleasure of our citizens.
If this narrow but fair and clear victory has brought a little faith and spirit into our society, I am a happy man. Let's rejoice together, Cheers! ".
At the moment of the mention of Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic, the crowd started whistling, which Milanovic stopped and said that the scenes from the last inauguration were not repeated.
Primjedbe
Objavi komentar